Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bring Out The Damned

What's that you say? You feel like you really need a solid dose of mobsters and monsters? Well, my friend, you're in luck! The Damned trade paperback is officially in stores today. If you have any goodness in your heart you will rush out and buy this wonderful production brought to you by Messrs. Bunn and Hurtt and the fine people at Oni Press. If you're a really wonderful person you'll buy copies for your friends!
If you have had a chance to read the book, I know that Cullen and I would love your feedback!

4 comments:

Matt Schuler said...

I have all the singles of this series, and I'll be eventually picking up the trade.
Any plans for extras?

This book is right up my alley, being a fan of pulp and monsters (thanks to Derek Thompson and Mike Mignola) and I loved the singles, and because I haven't had a regular chance to visit your blog (due to an injury) I was unfamiliar with the trade coming out, but now am happy.

-matt

Anonymous said...

read it. loved it. more please godammit!...if you don't mind awfully.

brian hurtt said...

Matt-
No real extras in the trade, I'm sorry to say. There is a 6-page teaser we ran on the internet prior to the first ish that is reprinted in the back. I have an aversion to "extras" in comics. If I'm going to put extras in a book I'd rather it be extra story or something similar that will add to the "texture" of the world. Too much behind the scenes can ruin the illusion of the world we're building.
That's my stand right now. It could change next week.

brian hurtt said...

gavd-
More is coming! As soon as I wrap my current project I'll jump into the Damned follow-up. The first issue is already pencilled and I've started the inks. The first two issues are already scripted. We're hoping that the book will be coming out by the end of the year.