Friday, September 08, 2006

DAMNED #2 cover


Long time, no see. I've yet to get my main computer hooked up to the internet so all blog updates go through my laptop still and are posted from public places. It's a bit of a hassle but I think posts will begin to appear more frequently.
Been meaning to post this image for a while now. It's the actual cover to The Damned #2. It was solicited in this month's Previews with the original cover to #1--not the alternate cover that was solicited with #1 or the actual cover to #1. You follow? I'm not even sure I do. Anyway, here it is, in all it's digital glory. I'm quite fond of this image, actually. I've had the image in my mind for about a year and it was great to finally make it real. I'm having a blast doing the covers and I'm really learning a lot about my own ideas about color. This cover and the cover for #3 (which I'll post when the next previews comes out) are both examples of final colors that in no way resemble my original intentions. In both cases I tried coloring it the way I saw it in my mind's eye only to see that my mind's eye may be color blind. I then start playing with and experimenting with different color combinations until I stumble across something that gives me a visceral reaction. The color scheme may not be for everyone but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. Just the same, I'd love to hear what people think--good or bad!

Click to enlarge

3 comments:

Hart1000 said...

Great cover Brian!

Julius Deane said...

Really nice. So are there gonna be two versions of #1? Ken told me you guys were probably gonna do a release thing in Cape. Looking forward to it!

Dominic Bugatto said...

Looking good.